Here are my top favourite benefits of bananas:
1. Combat ills: Four bananas worth of potassium daily fights an array of ills from osteoporosis, stroke, hypertension, kidney stones to bloating and cramps (good to consume more during the first few days of menstruation).
2. Ditch those energy bars: To get a lasting and caffeine-free energy levels, you no longer need coffee or chocolate bars. Banana is a nature’s snack that contains three natural sugars (sucrose, fructose and glucose) and fibre. Do bite into a banana before you hit the gym for an energy boost!
3. Stress no more: Juice lettuce, pear and banana. *Special tip: For juicing, normal yellow bananas or baby bananas (pisang susa) are the best. Choose the just-ripe ones, because the over-ripe or under-ripe bananas may make the juice taste different.
4. Get rid of dry skin: Chop two average-sized bananas and add two teaspoons of honey. Mash both together until you get a smooth texture. Apply the mixture over your face and wash it off after ten minutes.
5. Love your bust: I was totally shocked when I read this on the Shape (Singapore) magazine. I would classify this as beauty treatment for the adventurous beauty-seekers. This method helps firm your bust and go against the law of gravity (anti-sagginess). Start off with smashing blackened bananas (very riped bananas) in an old bra and wear it for five to ten minutes a day.
Have a different view of bananas now? Start biting into them!