I have been taking Vitamin C and Calcium knowing that they prevent flu and helps build my bones, respectively. However, there are so many other supplements out there, and I am all confused! I want to know the most important thing – what can the vitamins do for me, how can it help me?
I have this very useful information that communicates various supplements in the way I like – it lists the problems we may face and then recommend the supplements that could rescue the problem. Check it out!
1. Troubled Skin: Vitamin A & Essential fatty acids – Vitamin A nourishes skin and fights acne (great beauty help!) EFA helps skin hydration, eczema, psoriasis, etc
2. Stress: B Vitamins – Supporting nerve functions to help with fatigue, appetite, insomnia, headaches etc
3. Wounds and colds: Zinc and Vitamin C – Fight infections and stimulate immunity well together
4. Fatigue, heart failure and cancer: Coenzyme (CoQ10) – Combats free radical damage, improves blood pressure, energy, heart function and may even have cancer-fighting properties
5. Poor memory, fuzzy thinking: Omega-3, Ginko Niloba – Both help to improve memory, while oemga-3 also helps with brain functions.
6. Postnatal depression, premenstrual syndrome: Evening Primose Oil, Omega-3 and 6 – Essential fatty acid (EFA) deficiency is a prime cause of postnatal depression syndrome by making red blodd cells more flexible, boosting metabolism, mood, energy level etc.
I have tried and tested Evening Primose Oil, and I think it works but you need to eat it regularly for at least three months to see some results
7. Dry and dull hair: Vitamin E – Improves circulation and condition of skin and hair The Body Shop has a product range on Vitamin E. I have not tried it before though.
8. Tiredness: Iron – Promotes blood formation and metabolism and increases energy.
9. Brittle hair and nails: Silica – Improves resiliency of teeth, skin, nails and bones!
10. Irritable, lethargic (for the mood swings days): Iodine, Magnesium – Idodine increases energy and metabolism levels. Magnesium supports a healty muscle and nervous system, helping them to relax.
11. High Cholesterol: Vitamin E – Reduces cholesterol’s ability to stick to artery walls, prevents heart disease, clots, stroke. (Remember, prevention is always better than cure!)
12. Aging, stamina loss: Calcium, Selenium – Calcium supports bones, teeth, clotting, muscle, nerve, and heart functions. Selenium is an antioxidant to prevent cell damage.
13. High blood pressure, migraine: Magnesium – For abnormal heartbeat and for the metabolism of carbohydrates and fats to produce energy.